These Vietnamese Beef Bowls are a great quick, easy and healthy option for weeknight dinners. The saucy and flavorful ground beef is served over my habanero lime rice. Hoisin sauce gives this dish just the hint of sweetness that it needs, and the chili paste gives it just enough spice. All in, these rice bowls come in at less than 500 calories, so they are a delicious meal that you shouldn’t feel guilty about enjoying!
Products I recommend for this recipe:
Vietnamese Beef Bowls
- 2 cups habanero lime rice prepared recipe below
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- cilantro and green onion for topping
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, while crumbling the beef, until the beef is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain the excess grease and return to heat.
- Add the garlic and sautee until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the ginger, soy sauce, chili paste and hoisin and cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Split the rice evenly in four bowls. Top the rice with the ground beef mixture. Add cilantro and green onion on top and enjoy!
Habanero Lime Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 habanero minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and both peppers. Sautee until the peppers have begun to char. Add the rice, salt and water and increase the heat to high. When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Allow to cook, without removing the lid, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and add in the cilantro and lime juice. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.