Pizza is a staple in our house. It is one of the few things that we can all agree on, so we end up eating it A LOT. As a family, we have a lot of fun making homemade pizza, and even the crust from scratch. We each like to choose our favorite toppings and make our own creations. I have been trying to find a great recipe for a thin pizza crust that is still substantial enough to hold all of the toppings we love, and I think this thin and crispy pizza crust is the one!
Here are some tips for making my Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust:
I definitely suggest using a pizza stone. They heat evenly and create a nice crisp crust. This stone is a great option if you don’t already have one. They only thing to remember is that you must let the stone preheat with the oven, otherwise it won’t be hot enough to get your crust nice and crisp.
Also, rolling the dough out on a piece of parchment paper really simplifies things. You can simply pick up the whole sheet of parchment paper and transfer it directly to the stone. If you don’t have professional pizza making skills, this is probably the best way to transfer your pizza dough without a huge mess or without ripping your dough.
I hope you enjoy making your own pizza as much as we do! This thin and crispy pizza crust is perfect for my Barbecue Chicken Pizza. Please let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below. Don’t forget to select a star rating and enjoy!
Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust
- 1/2 tsp Active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup Lukewarm water
- 1 tsp White sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- toppings of your choice
- Place your pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 500º, cut a piece of parchment paper large enough to overlap the sides of your pizza stone and prepare pizza toppings.
- Combine yeast, water, sugar and olive oil in the bowl of your mixer and let sit for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine Flour, salt, garlic and Italian seasoning in a separate bowl. Using the dough hook on your mixer – gradually combine the dry ingredients with the yeast mixture. Continue mixing until the dough has come together into one cohesive ball. If the dough is too sticky, add a SMALL amount of flour (1 tsp) at a time.
- When the dough has become a cohesive ball, remove it from the mixer bowl, and knead it just a few times. Place the dough in the center of the parchment paper and allow it to rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, slowly and gently roll the dough out as thin as possible on the parchment paper. I usually aim for a 14 inch pizza.
- Top the dough with your favorite toppings, carefully lift the entire sheet of parchment paper with pizza and place on pizza stone in oven. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Watch your pizza carefully as ovens and pizza stones can vary greatly. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by to check out this recipe. I hope you stay a while and browse some other recipes and please visit again soon!
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!