This Strip Steak with Horseradish Cream Sauce is so very quick and easy to make, and it only has 1 carb per serving! This is a recipe that is packed full of flavor, is super tender and is perfect for any diet or lifestyle. A crisp salad, fresh veggies or a loaded potato would be perfect with this. This is a great recipe for anything from a simple weeknight dinner to a dinner party with friends.
Tips for making this recipe:
- Make things easier and faster for yourself by making the horseradish cream sauce ahead of time. This sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week, so go ahead and double (or even triple) it!
- Feel free to replace the strip steaks with whatever steak you have on hand. This recipe will work for any cut! Just be sure to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- My instructions will tell you how to prepare your steaks using your broiler, so that you can conveniently make them at any time of year, but feel free to prepare them on your grill instead.
- NEVER forget to let your steaks rest. This will allow the juices to reincorporate back into the steaks. Otherwise, when you cut into your steak you are going to lose so much of those delicious juices.
Other recipes that will go well with my Strip Steak with Horseradish Cream Sauce:
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Strip Steak with Horseradish Cream Sauce
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4 strip steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all of the ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven broiler and heat a large oven safe skillet (I use cast iron) over high heat.
- Rub both sides of each steak with olive oil. Season both sides of each steak with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Sear the steaks in the hot pan on the stove for about a minute on each side. Move the entire pan with the steaks to the oven and broil for approximately 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Check the temperature of your steaks as steak thickness and oven cooking times can both vary greatly.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with the horseradish cream sauce.