The first time I hosted an Easter brunch at my house, I was terrified because I had never prepared a ham. It has always been one of those things that my Nanny took care of, and she does it so well that there really isn’t a need for anyone else to know how. After we moved out of state though, we started hosting different holidays at our house and I had to learn quickly. I found a recipe similar to this one online somewhere, and it has evolved into this Spiral Ham with a Brown Sugar, Honey & Dijon Glaze.
I am a big fan of spiral cut hams, because I love the way the glaze seeps into the cuts and makes the ham so much more flavorful. Also, I always go for a bone-in ham. The bone adds so much more to the taste of the ham. The glaze on this ham has just the right amount of flavor from the dijon and the sugar caramelizes in the most delicious way. This is honestly even better straight out of the fridge the next day after the glaze has had a chance to harden up a little. Enjoy the leftovers!
Here are some tips for making this Spiral Ham with Brown Sugar, Honey & Dijon Glaze:
To make this ham, you will want a shallow roasting pan that has a rack. Spray the rack and pan with cooking spray to make clean up a little easier. Place the ham in the roasting pan and roast for 2 hours for a 10 pound ham. You will want to subtract 20 minutes for each pound that your ham is smaller, and add 20 minutes for each pound that your ham is larger. You will make the glaze while your ham is roasting, and then pour it all over the ham. It will go back in the oven for an hour and 20 minutes more and you should baste it a few times while it is roasting. After that, let it rest a little and then enjoy!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this delicious ham recipe:
- Spiral cut ham
- Brown sugar
- Dijon mustard
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Spiral Ham with Brown Sugar, Honey & Dijon Glaze
- 10 lb spiral cut ham with bone
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 350º and adjust oven racks to allow for the ham to fit. Prepare a roasting pan with a rack by spraying it with cooking spray. Place the ham on the roasting pan, and cover with aluminum foil. Roast it in the oven for 2 hours. If your ham is not 10lbs, adjust your cooking time by 20 minutes more or less depending on the size of your ham. For example, an 8lb ham would roast for 40 minutes less than a 10lb ham.
- While the ham is roasting, prepare your glaze. Combine the brown sugar, honey and mustard in a small sauce pan and place over low heat. Stir occasionally and heat until the glaze is well combined and a pourable texture.
- After the the 2 hours (or more or less), remove the ham from the oven and pour the glaze over it. Recover it with the foil and roast it for an additional 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160º with a meat thermometer. Baste is ham every 20 minutes or so.
- When the ham is done, remove it from the oven and baste it once more. Let it rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon!
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!