This Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese combines one of the best appetizers with a classic and favorite lunch. Spinach, artichoke hearts, melted cheeses and delicious spices are all sandwiched between two thick and buttery slices of toasted bread. This is an excellent sandwich that is easy to make but also unique and delicious. Try it out today!
Here are some tips for making my Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese:
- Use a nice thick sliced bread. Focaccia, sourdough or a thick white bread all work well.
- Double or even triple the spinach mixture and save the remainder in the fridge to use for lunch throughout the week. This way you can have an easy and delicious lunch that will come together in just a few minutes.
- Increase or decrease the amount of red pepper you use depending on your desired spice level.
- Feel free to make this recipe your own by adding in any other cheeses or veggies you like!
These are the ingredients that you will need to make this recipe:
- Frozen chopped spinach
- Artichoke hearts
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating.
Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese
- 6 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 6 oz artichoke hearts in water
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 3 tbsp parmesan shredded
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 slices thick cut bread
- 4 tbsp butter
- Thaw the spinach and then put it in a towel or a paper towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. Put it in a mixing bowl and set aside. Drain the artichoke hearts and then chop them up into smaller pieces. Place in the bowl with the spinach.
- Add in the mozzarella, parmesan, mayonaise, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. For each sandwich, put 1/2 tbsp of butter into the skillet, allow to melt and place a slice of bread on the melted butter. Top with 1/4 of the spinach mixture. Place a second slice of bread on top and then another 1/2 tbsp of butter on the bread. Cook until the bottom slice of bread has browned, and then flip and brown the other slice of bread. Slice and serve!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
This post may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission, at no cost to you, off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!