This Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Casserole is made entirely in the crock pot, so you will have hardly any dishes. This is one of those recipes that will be perfect for busy school nights, and to make it even better, the whole family is sure to love it! We like to enjoy this served over rice or mashed potatoes and with rolls and fresh veggies on the side. Go ahead and save this recipe and then thank me later!
Here are some tips for making my Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Casserole:
- This would be a great recipe to make ahead of time and then freeze for easy dinners later. If you have a large crock pot, you could even double this recipe to really stock up!
- Go ahead and swap out the cheddar cheese for whatever type of cheese you prefer. Many different types would be great in this recipe.
These are the ingredients that you will need for my Crock Pot Chicken Casserole:
- Chicken stock
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream of chicken soup
- Ritz crackers
I recommend the following products for this Crock Pot Chicken:
I would love to hear what you think of this Slow Cooker Chicken. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- Add the chicken, chicken stock, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 6 (or until the chicken can easily be shredded).
- Shred the chicken into small pieces using 2 forks. Add the sour cream, cream of chicken and cheese. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed crackers and melted butter. Spread this mixture on top of the chicken mixture in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 more minutes.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!