Crock Pot recipes like this one are definitely my saving grace on busy weeknights. Now that the weather is cooling down, I am constantly craving things like this hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew. With beef, potatoes, carrots and onions, this is a full meal in itself. I love that this is a quick and easy meal to prepare, that there is only one pot to clean up and that it is a delicious meal that everyone will enjoy!
Here are some tips for making my Slow Cooker Beef Stew:
- I like to use stew meat for this beef stew, because it is conveniently already cut up, and the price is usually right. You can use any beef roast that you like. I also make this stew with venison when I have it. This is a great recipe for hunters!
- If you want to get even more flavor in your beef stew, you can brown the meat in an oiled hot skillet before adding it to the slow cooker. Bonus points if you get all of the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet into the slow cooker!
- You can use whatever kind of potatoes you have on hand or prefer in this recipe. Pictured in my stew are gold potatoes, but I have used anything from russets to red potatoes. Also, I don’t bother peeling my potatoes, but if you really want to – go ahead!
These are the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Stew meat
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tomato paste
- Beef broth
- Bay leaves
The following are some products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 lbs beef stew meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 lb potatoes diced
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1½ cup beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Place the beef in the slow cooker and sprinkle it with the flour, salt and pepper. Toss the beef in the flour until it is well coated. Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir slightly. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
Some of the links above may be affiliate links. I could make a small commission from these links. Thank you so much for your support!