A hearty serving of tender roast beef with a healthy side of slow-cooked vegetables served over a creamy bed of mashed potatoes is my idea of the perfect comfort food meal. Roast beef is what Sunday dinner dreams are made of, and it has always been a meal that makes me think of my family table growing up. Most people don’t think of roast beef when they think of healthy eating, but it really can be! This recipe is 399 calories per serving (and is complimented excellently by my lighter mashed red potatoes) and is only 9 net carbs per serving. I have included the instructions to make this roast beef in either the instant pot (quick and easy!), slow cooker (set it and forget it!) or in the oven (easy and old school!). I hope you get a chance to enjoy this delicious recipe around the table with your family!
You will need the following ingredients for this comfort food recipe:
- Chuck roast
- Balsamic vinegar
- Beef broth
Products I recommend for this beef roast crock pot recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Roast Beef (made in the Instant pot, slow cooker or oven)
- Dutch oven, slow cooker or instant pot
- 2 lb chuck roast fat trimmed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
Instant Pot Instructions
- Place the roast in the bottom of the instant pot. Add all of the other ingredients on top. Put the lid on and ensure the vent is "sealed". Pressure cook on high for 45 minutes (add 20minutes for each additional pound of meat) and then allow the pot to natural release for 15 ninutes. Quick release after 15 minutes. Shred the roast slightly with a fork and serve.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Place the roast in the slow cooker. Add all of the other ingredients. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Shred the roast slightly with a fork and serve.
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Grease a large dutch oven or other oven safe dish with a lid. Place the roast in the dish. Add all of the other ingredients. Place the lid on the dish. Roast for 2 hours 20 minutes (add 40 minutes for each additional pound of meat). Shred the roast slightly with a fork and serve.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!