I AM SO EXCITED FOR GAME OF THRONES! The final season begins tonight, and I. CAN. NOT. WAIT! Have you guys seen these GOT Oreos? There is a House Targaryan, House Stark, Knight King and House Lannister design. In honor of the best show out there starting back up tonight, I made these mini Oreo cheesecakes, and used the GOT Oreos. I can’t wait to eat them while watching Khaleesi make her way to the Iron Throne!
Okay, I’m done nerding out for now. Let’s talk about the cheesecakes. They come together so much more quickly than a typical cheesecake. The easiest thing about these is the crust. You just place one Oreo in the bottom of each muffin tin. That’s it! There is no crushing of Oreos, no melting butter, nothing! Also, because these are made in muffin tins rather than as one large cheesecake, they bake a lot faster. And don’t forget how cute they are! These would be great to serve at an Easter brunch, a birthday party or any other get together you may be having, really – you obviously don’t have to use Game of Thrones Oreos.
You can top these with chocolate sauce, whipped cream or even more Oreos, or you can just eat them plain – that’s how I like them! I can’t wait to hear what you all think of these mini cupcakes! Enjoy!
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- 19 Oreos
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 325º and line a standard-size muffin tin (makes 12 muffins) with muffin liners. Place one Oreo into the bottom of each muffin liner. Set the remaining 7 Oreos to the side.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on high until it is smooth. Add in the sour cream, sugar, vanilla and egg and beat together until combined. Crush the remaining 7 Oreos and fold them into the cream cheese mixture.
- Put equal amounts of the cheesecake batter into each muffin tin on top of the Oreo. Bake cheesecakes at 325º for about 15 minutes, or until the centers are just set.
- Let the cheesecakes cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before removing muffin liners and serving.