Cheesecake is such a great dessert, but sometimes is can be a real pain to make. For one thing, it takes a long time to bake a whole cheesecake. Another issue, for me anyways, is that traditional cheesecakes have a tendency to crack, so they don’t always have the best appearance. These Mini Caramel Apple Cheesecakes are fairly easy to assemble, they only require 18 minutes of baking time, and they are cool and ready to eat in less time that a whole cheesecake. These little personal sized desserts have a golden Oreo crust, a rich and creamy cheesecake center, an apple and crumb topping and they are finished off with a drizzle of caramel sauce. This is a great dessert for your holiday events!
Here are some tips for making my Mini Caramel Apple Cheesecakes:
- If you would like a more traditional crust, you can crush up your Oreos and mix them with a little melted butter. You can then press that crust down in the bottom of the baking cups and bake for a few minutes before pouring in the cheesecake filling. When I make mini cheesecakes, I like to take the easy route, so I just put the whole Oreo in the cup!
- If your apples are considerably large or small, you may need to adjust the amount that you use. I used medium-large apples, and 2 was the perfect amount. Just use your best judgement here.
- If you prefer a different type of apple, that’s fine, but the tart sour flavor of a Granny Smith is really perfect in apple desserts.
- You can use store bought or homemade caramel sauce, whatever works for you. I like both, so I use whatever I happen to have on hand at the moment.
- These cheesecakes can easily be frozen if you don’t eat all of them right away. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer or 1 week in the fridge.
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Mini Caramel Apple Cheesecakes
- 24 golden oreos
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 granny smith apples diced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 24 muffin tins with silicone baking cups or paper baking cups. Place an oreo in the bottom of each baking cup and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Put equal amounts of the cream cheese mixture in each baking cup on top of the oreo.
- In a bowl, toss the diced apples with the 2 tbsp sugar, the cinnamon and the nutmeg. Put equal amounts of the apple mixture on top of each of the cheesecakes.
- To a bowl, add the brown sugar, flour, oats and butter. Use a fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture becomes crumbly. Put equal amounts of this mixture on top of each cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 18 minutes, or until the centers are set. Allow to cool on the counter for 30 minutes before moving to the refrigerator to cool for at least 2.5 hours longer. Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan