Typically, when I think of gnocchi, I imagine it prepared in a traditional “pasta type” recipe. I really like it with a spicy tomato cream sauce, or even with a brown butter sauce. Considering that gnocchi is made of potatoes, I decided to try something different and make this Loaded Gnocchi Skillet. I love to top my potatoes with cheese, bacon and green onion, so I thought the same set-up might just work for gnocchi, and it sure did!
Here are some tips for making my Loaded Gnocchi Skillet:
- You can use homemade, store-bought, whole wheat or regular gnocchi for this recipe. Whatever works best for you is fine!
- If you would like to make this dish even cheesier, you could top it with some additional shredded cheese and allow it to melt.
- I like to enjoy my loaded gnocchi with a little dollop of sour cream!
These are the ingredients that you will need for this creamy potato recipe:
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Green onion
I recommend the following products for this delicious recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Loaded Gnocchi Skillet
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 16 oz uncooked gnocchi
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken broth and gnocchi and allow to simmer for approximately 6 minutes, or until the gnocchi is tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and cornstarch. Add this mixture to the gnocchi in the skillet and allow to simmer until it begins to thicken (about 3 minutes). Add the shredded cheddar and the salt and pepper and mix together. Top with the green onion, more bacon if desired and serve.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Gnocchi with Spicy Tomato Sauce and Breadcrumb Topping, Chicken and Gnocchi Soup or my Gnocchi with Bacon and Peas.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!