You can call it a bread, a cake, or a lemon poppy seed loaf, but whatever you call it you are sure to love it! This delicious and moist lemon bread is perfectly sweet and just right for breakfast, dessert or even a scrumptious snack! I love waking up just a little earlier than the rest of my household and enjoying a slice of this with a hot cup of coffee before all of the chaos of my day begins. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Here are some tips for making this Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf with Glaze:
- I always prefer to use fresh citrus in recipes like this one, but if you would rather use the bottled stuff – do it! I usually just measure my lemon juice by how many lemons I use, but for this recipe, I would say to use 3 tbsp of lemon juice for the bread, and 2 tbsp for the glaze.
- I love a very pronounced lemon flavor, but if you want to tame that a little, feel free to cut down on the amount of lemon juice that is used in this recipe.
- When you pour the glaze on top of your bread, it is going to look like WAY too much. Don’t worry! It will absorb to leave you with a fantastically sweet and moist end result.
These are the ingredients that you will need for this moist lemon bread:
- Granulated sugar
- 5 Lemons
- Sour cream
- Poppy seeds
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Confectioners sugar
I recommend the following products for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf with Glaze
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 medium lemons zested and juiced
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 2 medium lemons juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350°, grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Beat together the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined. Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream and milk. Beat until well combined. Add in the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- While the bread is in the oven, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the confectioners sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- As soon as the bread comes out of the oven, pour the glaze on top. Don't worry! There is not too much glaze. Allow the loaf to sit for approximately 20 minutes to cool and absorb the glaze before slicing and serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I may make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!