Jalapeño Poppers are definitely one of my favorite appetizers, so I decided to take those flavors and create a Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole. This casserole consists of a creamy seasoned chicken mixture, jalapeños, melted cheddar and crispy bacon. It only takes a few minutes to put this dish together, and after 20 minutes in the oven you have a delicious cheesy meal ready to go. This casserole also happens to be low carb (only 4 net!) and Keto friendly! This is great served with some fresh veggies, a side salad, rice or mashed potatoes or cauliflower.
Tips for making this recipe:
- Make things easier on yourself by cooking and shredding the chicken and also cooking the bacon ahead of time. If you do this, the casserole will only take a few minutes to put together, and you will be enjoying it in no time! I like to cook and shred some chicken at the beginning of the week to have on hand for quick and easy dinners.
- If you want your casserole spicy, leave the seeds and membranes intact in your jalapeños. If you would like it to be more mild, remove some or all of the seeds and membranes.
- Feel free to swap out the cheddar for any cheese that you have on hand or are craving. Many different cheeses would be delicious with this recipe!
Products I recommend for my Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- 2 lb chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 jalapeno peppers sliced (remove seeds and membranes for a milder dish)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375° and grease a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, softened cream cheese, chicken broth and taco seasoning. Mix until well combined. Spread the mixture out in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top the chicken mixture with the sliced jalapeños. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the jalapenos. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.