If you have never had shishito peppers, they are these fantastic little peppers with a mild, sweet and just slightly smoky flavor. Shishitos have a pretty thin skin, so they cook relatively quickly, and because of their convenient size, they are a great bite-sized snack. This Easy Blistered Shishito Peppers recipe will only take about 10 minutes, and it only has 5 simple ingredients. We like to enjoy these as a snack, appetizer or side dish. This recipe also has only 60 calories and 4 net carbs per serving, so it is both delicious and healthy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Don’t over think it! Making this dish is really a very simple thing. You just heat up the skillet, blister the peppers a little, sprinkle on the other ingredients and enjoy! Oh, and use your hands to eat them. That’s really the only way!
- I almost always prefer a cast iron skillet over any other. This recipe is no exception. If you do not have a cast iron skillet, I REALLY recommend that you get one. It is such a great investment, as it should last you the rest of your life. Any other skillet should work fine in this recipe, though.
- If you are vegan or have a dairy allergy, go ahead and leave the parmesan cheese off. It adds a nice little finishing flavor, but it is completely optional, and the peppers will be delicious either way.
Other recipes that would go great with my Easy Blistered Shishito Peppers:
Products I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Blistered Shishito Peppers
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pint shishito peppers
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat a large cast iron or other skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and peppers and allow to peppers to blister or char in a few spots. This will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat, squeeze the lime juice over the peppers and sprinkle the salt and parmesan cheese on top.