I have never really been a huge breakfast person. It takes me quite a while to get going in the morning, and I frankly don’t even want to put forth the effort to make myself a meal that early. My kids, on the other hand, don’t feel the same way. They wake up “STARVING TO DEATH” every single day. These Bacon & Cheese Egg Bites are great because I can make them on Sunday, stick them in the fridge, and then grab a few and heat them up for a quick and sustaining weekday breakfast. An added bonus is that these egg bites only have 1 carb per serving, making them great for any kind of low carb lifestyle.
Here are some tips for making this recipe:
- I like to make these in mini muffin tins, because they are bite size when done. If you do not have a mini muffin pan, or if you would rather make full size versions of these, that is perfectly fine. You may need to increase the cooking time slightly to allow them to cook through.
- These egg bites are great, because you can really make them what you want. If you want to change up the meat in these, go ahead! Ham or sausage, among other things, would be great in these. Also, you can add in any of your favorite veggies and even swap out the cheddar with your favorite cheese. You can really get creative here!
- These egg bites are great to stick in the fridge for quick weekday breakfasts. Just allow the egg bites to cool completely, place them in an airtight container or bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days. You will want to pop them in the microwave for approximately 1 minute before eating.
These are some products that I recommend for my Bacon & Cheese Egg Bites:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Bacon & Cheese Egg Bites
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease 24 mini muffin tins.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Add in the cumbled bacon and mix together. Pour equal amounts of the egg mixture in each muffin tin. Sprinkle equal amounts of cheese on top of each egg bite.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 23 minutes. Allow to cool for 3 minutes before removing from the pan.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan