I have always thought that pot pie is one of the best comfort foods. It is loaded with chicken, vegetables and a creamy sauce and all held together by a buttery pie crust. I love to make my Easiest Chicken Pot Pie when I really want comfort food, but I also don’t have a ton of prep time to invest in making it. This recipe uses only a few simple ingredients, and you can probably trick your family into thinking you spent hours making it!
Here are some tips for making the Easiest Chicken Pot Pie:
- If you have lots of time, or if you have a homemade pie crust recipe that you just have to have, go ahead and make your own crust. For this recipe, I prefer to use store bought crusts to speed up the process, but homemade is always great!
- The vegetables in this recipe can really be swapped out for any of your favorites. If you would rather use fresh or frozen veggies, either will work. If you decide to use fresh veggies, you will want to sauté them a little before adding them to the pie to ensure that they are nice and tender.
- This recipe could also be made using muffin tins. You could make the same filling and cut portions of pie crust to create “mini” pot pies.
I recommend these products for making this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this! Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easiest Chicken Pot Pie
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30 oz canned mixed vegetables drained
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a pie dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat on the stovetop. Season the diced chicken with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and poultry seasoning. Add the oil to the pan and then the seasoned chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the pan from heat.
- Add the mixed vegetables and the cream of chicken soup to the chicken in the skillet. Combine well.
- Press one of the pie crusts into the bottom of the pie dish. Carefully pour the chicken mixture into the pie crust. Place the second pie crust on top of the chicken mixture and then press the two crusts together around the edges. Cut 3 small slits in the top center of the crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan