This Chimichurri Marinated Chicken is so easy to make, ultra flavorful, healthy, delicious and low carb. Making this recipe requires only about 5 minutes of prep time and about 30 minutes in the oven. This is a fresh and tasty dish that has only 3 net carbs and is great when served with so many different sides. I like to enjoy it with a salad, fresh veggies or some potatoes when I am not counting carbs.
Here are some tips for making my Chimichurri Marinated Chicken:
- I roasted this chicken in the oven on high heat, but this would be a great meat to grill when the weather cooperates. You could also cook this chicken on the stovetop if you would rather.
- I used chicken breast tenderloins for this recipe because for one thing they cook faster and also because that is what I happened to have on hand. Feel free to use whatever cut of chicken you have, or even a different type of meat all together!
- If you want your chimichurri to be even spicier, go ahead and increase the amount of crushed red pepper that you use. You can also reduce the amount that you use for a milder sauce.
- Any remaining sauce that you have can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week (or longer if you like to push it like me!).
These are the ingredients that you will need for this delicious low carb recipe:
- Flat Italian parsley
- Red onion
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
I recommend the following products for this simple healthy chicken:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chimichurri Marinated Chicken
- 1 bunch flat Italian parsley
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ¼ large red onion peeled
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1½ lb chicken breasts tenderloins
- Make the chimichurri sauce by adding all of the ingredients except for the chicken to a food processor or blender. Blend until pureed and smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large freezer bag and pour half of the chimichurri sauce in the bag. Store the remaining sauce in the refrigerator. Seal the bag and rub the chicken to ensure it is all coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 425°. Grease a broiling pan. Place the chicken on the broiling pan and pour the marinade on top of the chicken. Cook in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes. Serve with the other half of the chimichurri sauce.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!