These Chicken Taco Cups are incredibly easy to make, cheesy, flavorful, kid friendly and are made even better by loading them up with all of you favorite toppings. Making these takes only 30 minutes, and everyone in your family will love them! This is a great recipe for everything from parties to weeknight dinners. Serve them with sour cream, pico de Gallo, guacamole, salsa, cilantro or fresh olives and enjoy!
Here are some tips for making my Chicken Taco Cups:
- I love wonton wraps for this recipe because they are super thin and get nice and crispy in the oven. You can usually find these in the refrigerator section in the deli.
- This recipe is great because you can customize it with the ingredients that you like. If you would rather use pork, beef, fish, shrimp or ground turkey – any of these would be great! You could also leave out the beans, or swap them for black beans or something else. The cheese can also be replaced with any other cheese.
- These chicken taco cups can be assembled up to a day in advance, wrapped and placed in the refrigerator until ready to bake. This makes party or dinner prep that much easier!
These are some products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chicken Taco Cups
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies NOT drained
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 36 wonton wraps
- 16oz refried beans
- 1½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease 18 muffin cups.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add the olive oil, diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet. Sautee until the onion becomes translucent. Add the shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Sautee for 2 more minutes and reduce the heat to low.
- Put a wonton wrap in each of the greased muffin cups and then put a second wrap on top of each of those wraps. You want to put the wraps in the muffin tins so that they do NOT overlap perfectly – this will give you more of an edge to each cup.
- Put an equal amount of the refried beans in each wonton cup and then top the beans with equal amount of the chicken mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over each cup and then bake for 5 more minutes.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan