Go ahead and tell me a dessert that is more classic and more loved than chocolate chip cookies. I’ll wait…. That’s right, there isn’t one. These Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip cookies are perfectly soft, easy to make and the perfect size to have “just one” cookie and actually be satisfied! This is a recipe that I have been making for years, and people always eat them faster than I can make them. Try these cookies out today – you will be glad you did!
Here are some tips for making my Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- I love using silicone baking mats when making cookies. They are perfectly non-stick without having to grease the pan. They are also so easy to clean and the cookies bake perfectly on them. If you do not have silicone baking mats, you could use parchment paper or even just a greased baking sheet.
- If you only have salted butter on hand, that’s okay. Just use half the salt that my recipe calls for and you should be fine.
- I feel like every time I make these cookies I use a different size chocolate chip, chocolate chunks, m&ms or even peanut butter chips. Go ahead and get creative with this recipe and use whatever you would like. You could add in crushed candy, nuts or really anything. I would love to see what you do!
- This dough can be balled and then frozen. This is a great way to have fresh cookie dough ready at all times. You can just bake the frozen dough and add a minute or two onto the baking time. You can also bake the cookies and then freeze them. Either way, they will be good for a couple months in the freezer.
These are some products that I recommend for this recipe:
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat together the melted butter and both sugars. Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Make 12 equal size balls of dough. Each ball will be approximately ¼ cup of dough. Flatten each ball slightly and place them at least 3 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or just until the edges start to become golden. Allow to cool for 3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – ReganPrint Recipe