Easter is coming up so fast, and I have been trying to come up with a delicious appetizer idea for Easter gatherings. I had some brie that I had gotten to try a different recipe, but then I decided to incorporate that into an appetizer recipe instead. Brie is a delicious soft and creamy cheese that tastes amazing with both sweet and salty foods, which is why the prosciutto and the honey drizzle on this tart are both so fitting. Try this Asparagus, Brie & Prosciutto Tart today!If you aren’t familiar with prosciutto, it is a very thinly sliced cured Italian ham. It is salty and flavorful, and really does something amazing for this tart. I feel like asparagus is a go to vegetable of choice this time of year, and I am more than okay with that, because it is so delicious! The balsamic glaze on this tart gives it just the tangy-tart kick that it needs, and the sweetness of the honey is so amazing with the flavor of the brie.
When you are rolling out your puff pastry, don’t worry about doing it perfectly. Just make sure that it is large enough to be able to spread the asparagus out with a little space between each spear. Let this cool before slicing to ensure that the cheese has solidified enough, and then cut it up and enjoy! This tart is a great appetizer or an excellent side dish for any meal. Enjoy!
These are the ingredients that you will need for my Asparagus, Brie & Prosciutto Tart:
- Puff pastry
- Balsamic glaze
These are some products that I recommend for this sweet & salty appetizer:
Asparagus, Brie & Prosciutto Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed according to package instructions
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 lb asparagus white tips removed
- 8 oz brie rind removed and sliced
- 1.5 oz prosciutto
- balsamic glaze for drizzling
- honey for drizzling
- Thaw a sheet of puff pastry according to the package instructions. Preheat your oven to 350º and have a large baking sheet ready. Cut a sheet of parchment paper large enough to cover the baking sheet, or use a silicone baking mat.
- Unfold the puff pastry and lay it on the center of the parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry until it is approximately 10in x 15in.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and water together. Brush the egg mixture over the puff pastry. You will not use all of the egg mixture – discard the remainder.
- Cut the white tips off of the asparagus and discard them. Lay the asparagus evenly on the puff pastry. Remove the rind from the brie and discard. Slice the brie into approximately 12 slices and place then on top of the asparagus. Rip the prosciutto slices into several smaller pieces and scatter them on top of the brie.
- Holding the sides of the parchment paper, carefully pick up the tart and place it on the baking sheet. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the pastry has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle the balsamic glaze and honey liberally over it. Slice into approximately 12 pieces and serve.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please stay a while and check out some of my other recipes. I hope you come back soon! – Regan
The post above may contain affiliate links. I could make a small commission off of these links. Thank you so much for your support!